A VIRTUAL ART OF HEALING PROJECT
Sponsored in part by AdventHealth, Art of Healing is a FREE outreach program we offer monthly to anyone in a medical situation, caregiver, healthcare worker, survivor or person in need of reflective time.
Learn a decoupage technique and transform a seashell into a dish to hold your keys, jewelry, or art supplies in this free Art of Healing virtual workshop led by Kristin Heron. This project is good for all skill levels! Just watch the online tutorial to get your step-by-step instructions. The video will premiere online at 12 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 24.
A limited-number of FREE supply kits are available to those who register. Registered participants should pick-up their supply kits inside OMAM's Emmons Cottage* between 12 and 1 p.m. February 23 & 24. Registered participants will also receive an email with the meeting link to the Zoom Social, which will begin at 2:30 p.m. Thursday, February 25. The social time provides an opportunity for us to discuss this month's project, share anything creative you’re working on in your home studio, and to catch up with our Art of Healing friends!
*Due to construction at the museum, please note new supply pickup location (blue and white cottage at the Garden's edge near south parking lot).
- Supply Pickup at OMAM's Emmons Cottage: Feb. 23-24 (12:00 - 1:00 p.m.)
- Video Tutorial Posts: Feb. 24 @ 12:00 p.m.
- Live Zoom Social: Feb. 25 @ 2:30 - 3:00 p.m.
- acrylic paint**
- decorative napkins**
- white glue or mod podge**
- small paintbrush
- cup of water
- small bowl for mixing glue
- plate or something to use as a paint palette
**Provided in the FREE supply kit (limited availability). Registered participants can pick up their supply kit Feb. 23-24.
How To Join
1. Register online (click here)
2. Pickup your free supply kit between 12:00-1:00 p.m. February 23rd & 24th.
3. Watch the online tutorial to complete your project (video posted at 12:00 p.m. Wednesday, 2/24)
4. Join the Live Zoom Social from 2:30-3:00 p.m. on Thursday, 2/25, to talk with the class, show us your project in progress, and get any help you need (a meeting link will be emailed to you)