CALL TO ARTISTS
Glitter, Glow, Shine & Sparkle
Let’s make the galleries glitter and glow this December! Artists are asked to submit two-dimensional or three-dimensional work inspired by all that shines and sparkles. Please submit a thoughtful, 3 to 7 sentence artist’s statement for each piece that relates to your interpretation of the theme (Glitter, Glow, Shine & Sparkle). This exhibit is open to all artists or collaboratives of artists submitting original works of art or design.
- UPDATED Exhibit Dates: December 1 - 31, 2022
- UPDATED Exhibit Opening Reception: Thursday, December 1, 2022 (6-8pm)
- Submission Deadline: October 24, 2022
- Artists Notified of Acceptance by Email (on or before): November 4, 2022
- Artwork Intake at OMAM: November 17 (10 a.m. - 12 noon)
- Artwork Pick-Up at OMAM: TBA – the first week in January 2023
- Two-dimensional work must be no smaller than 12” tall and 12” wide, and no larger than 60” tall and 60” wide. Work must be suitable for hanging on the wall, include a hanging wire, and be framed or on a gallery wrapped canvas.
- Three-dimensional work must be no heavier than 50 pounds, and must fit on a 16”x16” pedestal base, or on the floor.
Please follow these guidelines; Incomplete entries will not be reviewed.
- All entries must be submitted digitally by email to Kristin Heron at KHeron@ormondartmuseum.org
- In the SUBJECT LINE of your email, please note December 2022 Submission
- EMAIL BODY: Please include your Name, Address, Phone Number, Email Address
- EMAIL ATTACHMENTS:
- Submit no more than 5 images. Images must be saved as .JPEGS
- Please label each individual file as follows: FirstnameLastname_Title_Dimensions_Medium.jpg
- Please include image list with title, size, medium, price, and 3-7 sentence artist statement. If artwork is not for sale, please list as NFS. (digital pdf or Word doc attachment – please do not write this in the body of the email)
- Artist bio.
OMAM will retain 30% commission on any works sold by OMAM or by the artist during the exhibition of his/her artwork in this exhibition. Tax documentation must be completed by artist prior to payment at end of exhibition.
Artists are responsible for any shipping charges. OMAM reserves the right to reject work for the exhibition that differs significantly from the submitted images and/or for craft issues.
The Museum staff will take great care in handling artworks for exhibition. OMAM is not liable for any damage that may occur. The building is secured with an alarm, and the artwork is insured.
2023 Exhibitions at OMAM
The Ormond Memorial Art Museum is accepting submissions from artists in a variety of styles and media for exhibitions in 2023. Individual and small group submissions are welcome. The Museum is not able to cover shipping costs of work. The Museum is located at 78 East Granada Boulevard, Ormond Beach, FL 32176.
2023 Submission Deadline: Submissions accepted through May 31, 2022 for review in late-2022.
Exhibition at Ormond Memorial Art Museum is open to any artist or collaborative of artists submitting original works of art or design created within the past three years. Professionals in all disciplines are encouraged to submit. This call is open to any media including but not limited to traditional drawing, painting, printmaking, digital/new media, photography, sculpture, glass, installation, etc.
Exhibition Selection Process: Submission materials must be received by May 31, 2022. Artists will be notified electronically of receipt of materials. The OMAM exhibition selection committee meets annually to select artists for future shows. Artists will be notified by email in late-2022 upon selection by committee.
Incomplete entries will not be reviewed. Please follow these guidelines:
- All entries must be submitted via email to KHeron@ormondartmuseum.org
- Subject Line: Exhibit Submission 2023
- Email Body: Include your Name, Phone, Email, and Mailing Address in the email body
- Submit no more than 5-10 images
- Must be saved as JPEGS at 72 dpi, and not be longer than 900 pixels in any direction
- 3. Please label each individual file as follows: FirstnameLastname_Title_Dimensions_Medium.jpg
- Email Attachments:
- Image list with your name, titles, sizes, and medium (pdf or Word doc)
- Artist statement (pdf or Word doc)
- Resume (pdf or Word doc)
All 2D work must include suitable hanging mechanisms, and either be framed or created on a gallery wrapped canvas. All 3D work must be assembled and ready for exhibition upon arrival. OMAM reserves the right to reject work for the exhibition that differs significantly from the submitted images and/or for craft issues.
No work in excess of 70 pounds crated weight will be accepted unless special arrangements are made in advance.
The Museum staff will take great care in handling artworks for exhibition. OMAM is not liable for any damage that may occur.
The artist is responsible for shipping costs to and from the Museum. Specific shipping and labeling details will be included upon notification of accepted entries.
We look forward to viewing your submission!
Contact: Kristin Heron, Curator of Education, Outreach & Exhibitions, KHeron@ormondartmuseum.org.
Call for Teaching Artists
The Ormond Memorial Art Museum & Gardens collaborates with dedicated artists and educators to provide creative learning opportunities for the community. We’re excited to continue expanding our education programs, and invite instructors interested in teaching youth and/or adults to submit a proposal. All media will be considered, and classes may draw on any art-related, garden-related, or creative theme.
In addition to hands-on art classes, we are also looking for instructors interested in leading casual discussions on various art-related and garden-related topics, and instructors interested in teaching in a digital format. Please contact Kristin Heron at KHeron@ormondartmuseum.org to submit your ideas.