A VIRTUAL ART OF HEALING PROJECT
Sponsored in part by AdventHealth, Art of Healing is a FREE outreach program we offer monthly to anyone in a medical situation, caregiver, healthcare worker, survivor or person in need of reflective time.
Supply Pickup at OMAM's Emmons Cottage: 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 20
Video Tutorial premiere: 10:00 a.m. Wednesday, April 21
- Live Zoom Social & Short Meditation: 2:30 - 3:00 p.m. Thursday, April 22
Make a Lotus Lantern!
In this free Art of Healing virtual workshop led by Kristin Heron, each participant will learn the technique to fold a Lotus Lantern, which can then be used as a light to symbolically guide your unwavering faith along life’s journey. Learn why the lotus has long-been seen as an emblem of rebirth and survival.
The workshop will conclude with a simple meditation that uses the lantern as a totem, that can be practiced daily for a moment of pause.
Supplies included in free kit:
Click HERE to register for a free "Lotus Lantern" supply kit!
- multiple pieces of cardstock
- electric tea light
- meditation scroll
Please gather these supplies at home:
- spoon or bone folder (for making sharp creases in the paper)
- watercolors, colored pencils, or crayons – any colorful art supplies you love to create with (optional if you’d like your Lotus Lantern to have color)
This project is good for all skill levels! Get your step-by-step instructions by watching the video tutorial, which will premiere online at 10:00 a.m. Wednesday, April 21.
How To Join
1. Register online (click here)
2. Pickup your free supply kit between 12:00-1:00 p.m. April 20.
3. Watch the online tutorial to complete your project (video posts at 10:00 a.m. April 21)
4. Join the Live Zoom Social from 2:30-3:00 p.m. on April 22, to talk with the class, show us your project in progress, and get any help you need (a meeting link will be emailed to you)